CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Those Summer Nights

So far this summer break I haven't really been doing a whole lot. Besides, searching and applying for jobs, I've had a pretty open schedule to say the least. I've done some shopping, a few family things, was reunited with my friends after all being away at different schools, and done a lot of reading. It's so nice to finally be able to read for fun again instead of trying to concentrate on the boring pages of a textbook! I've also de decided to get more active, and hopefully make some healthier eating habits... so far that part hasn't really happened. I have been doing a lot more exercising than normal, since I want to feel better and more healthy. I also want to tone up for my sister's wedding that's coming up in a few months. 

My sister had her college graduation ceremony, and is now a full-fledged adult with a 'real' job. I'm terrified of getting to that point. I'm having a hard enough time finding a summer job! Mostly I'm just worried about living up to the expectation of graduating in the top of my class with a boatload of honors like she did. Kidding, well kind of. I can't imagine being done with school, since I've spent most of my life being in it. Last week I spent the day at the zoo with my mom, sister...and a bunch of 7th and 8th graders haha. They were going on an end of the school year field trip, and my mom being a teacher at their school, volunteered to be one of the drivers. I tagged along to keep her company and see my sister who would be meeting us there since she is married and no longer lives with us. I clearly looked about 12 since they both received 'chaperone' stickers from the zoo staff and i was overlooked. It was a dreary and rainy day, but I was glad I went. Of course it was worth it to see the starfish, camels, and giraffes. Watching the giraffes being fed was quite funny. Their tongues are so long! 

The moose eying me and my camera warily

So content lazily chewing their grass. 

It's tongue was actually probably about 3 times this size. I just had a hard time getting it on camera. It was too quick! 

I went to a graduation party yesterday of a good family friend. It was nice to see her and my cousins that were also there who I feel like I hardly ever see anymore. I consider them to be the brothers I never had, and it was good to finally see them after what seems like such a long time. We've all been so busy especially since I've been at school, and one of them has also been at school. Hopefully I'll be able to see a lot more of them since it's summer. In fact, my sister mentioned something about visiting them on Tuesday. Today was such a gorgeous day, so I spent most of it outside. We decided to grill and eat outside on the patio for dinner, which was exciting because it was the first time we've been able to do that this year. It was a delicious meal and perfect evening. There aren't many bugs out yet, which was so nice! 

I was really excited that the graduation party gave me an excuse to wear my new hat! 


Tonight's dinner

I hope you're also having a marvelous summer so far. I had a minor freak out when I realized I only have about two and a half months of vacation left. I'm not ready to have to worry about school again yet!  


Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...