CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 14, 2013

Bath & Body Works Semi-Annual Sale


If you've read any of my recent posts, you'll know that I went shopping yesterday. The main point of this shopping trip was to go to Bath & Body Works as their Semi-Annual Sale is on. It's on for three more weeks, so fear not, after reading this post you can run on out and snatch up some goodies. 


Although there were many more things I wanted, and the incredibly low prices made it hard to resist, I didn't go too crazy. The main scent I had my eyes on was the Capri Seaside Citrus. I'll be honest and say that when I saw the packaging when it first came out, I was immediately sucked in and hoped I would like the scent. Shallow I know. Good thing that I loved it when I smelled it. I wasn't too scared though because I love anything citrus-y. It's described as "a sparkling getaway to the blissful, sundrenched beaches of southern Italy". It smells so fresh and clean, and well just downright juicy. Smelling it is making me really thirsty for some grapefruit juice. I wasn't exactly planning on getting the entire set, not in the full sizes anyway, but I thought eh, why not, since it's 50% off. Also, the sales lady informed me that this was one of the scents that was on its way out. Plus, I love a good matching set of products! 


Apparently I'm a fruity scent person, because I also picked up a body splash in the country apple scent. As this is one of their older scents, the body mist, lotion, and shower gel were only $3 each, but I ended up putting them back. Who knew I had so much self control? With that being said, there are three more weeks left in the sale, and I went at least two or three times last year. I may or may not end up with at least the shower gel in my possession ;). The scent is described as "a fresh combination of ripe red apples and creamy blossoms as delightful as an orchard in springtime". To me it smells like juicy apples. 

Most of the candles were also 50% off. I'm getting a little sick of the really strong, overpowering smells of the sweeter smelling ones that I have so I wanted something a little more fresh, light, and clean. The Green Grass candle is just that. I burned it this morning, and it was perfect. I could smell it without having it being too strong. On the jar it says "a vibrancy of spring's first grass is captured in this blend of fresh air, dewdrops, cucumber fizz and new green shoots". I love the smell of freshly mown grass because it reminds me of spring and summer. Another thing it reminds me of is Hermione smelling the love potion in the sixth book haha. 

The last thing I purchased was not on sale, but I did intend to buy it. It's the Rose Salve that comes in the pink tin. It smells like roses, which can be a little off-putting if you're not in the right mood, but for the most part it does not bother me. I gave this to my sister for her birthday a while ago, and used some of it recently on my skin and lips. It can be used practically anywhere you have dry skin. It's not meant just for use on the lips. The main reason I bought this is because I get quite dry patches on my skin every so often, and I think this would work great to use on it at night. I don't normally go for products in tins because I hate having to stick my finger in then apply it. I would much rather go directly from the container to wherever the product is going, but this salve has a great consistency so it doesn't take much to get a good amount on your finger and it comes off easily onto your lips or wherever. 




Now you can run out and raid your nearest Bath & Body Works store, but don't feel too rushed. There's still plenty of time before the sale is over.

Keep Smiling, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...