CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Smile, People Will Wonder What You're Up To

  The title of this post comes from a Dove chocolate wrapper of all things. Those people must know what they're doing because I think it speaks the truth. If I see someone standing alone with a big smile on their face, I automatically want to know what's making them so happy. Everyone has their own definition of happiness, and their own ways of achieving it. I know that for some people, being happy isn't as easy as it is for others, but I believe that there is always at least one thing to be happy about, even if it is just something small. It is pouring rain outside today (oh how I love a good rainstorm), and I know some people might be feeling a bit under the weather. I myself am suffering from a cold thanks to hanging around sick children and my sick sister. Today I thought that I would share some things that make me happy, and ways I stay that way. 

1. Laughter is the Medicine- I know it sounds corny, but it really is true. When I was in elementary school we had to sing a song with that title. I still remember most of the words and it is now playing round and round in my head. One of my favorite things is laughing. It feels amazing. Unless of course it is one of those horrible times when you're in class, or in a library etc., and you're trying to hold it in so you really just end up making strange choking noises. Yes, I'll admit that I have been in this situation many times. Everyone needs something in their life that makes them laugh whether it be people or an activity. For me, there is one thing that pops into my mind, and that is the Tilt-a-whirl. I know it has various other names, but basically, it is the spinny ride that whips you around in circles. This may sound like some people's idea of torture, but it never fails to make me absolutely laugh my head off. People seriously think I'm crazy when they ride it with me. With the exception of my friend, who loves it just as much as I do. 

2. Friends & Family- It is extremely important to be around people who care about your well being and support and love you. I honestly don't know what I would do without them. They know the real me (Oof that makes it sound like there is a secret me haha), so they know what makes me laugh and what makes me happy. We all have the same sense of humor, and I even know some people that say we have our own language because they can never follow our conversations due to all of our jokes and such. I could go on and on about why I love them so much but that would probably be a very boring read. 

My roommate from last year and me. I did not have a picture of
people actually meeting, so I had to
settle for this since we had just met that year.

3. Meeting New People- Now I'm what some might consider as "painfully shy", and I'm afraid it may come off as being standoffish to some people. Despite that fact, I really do enjoy meeting new people and making new friends. I find people to be extremely interesting, and I always enjoy learning more about them. Yikes that makes me sound kind of creepy. 






Again, I did not have a picture of someone making someone
else happy, but maybe this will at least get a laugh out of you. 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    4. Making people happy- I know it's cliche, but doing things for other people and making them laugh really does make you feel good. I believe that laughter is contagious. It's impossible to sit around and see someone laughing or just being completely happy and not feel that way yourself. I can't stand seeing someone down in the dumps, and I especially hate seeing people cry. I really feel for them and wish they weren't feeling so bad. I noticed that the parts I start to tear up in movies are when someone is doing something really nice for someone and being thoughtful, or when someone starts crying (usually it's when the guy does this that really gets me). Call me a big sap, but it's true. 

5. Christmastime- I cannot express how much I absolutely love the Christmas season! I love everything about it. The songs, the movies, the decorations, the shopping, and of course the food, but mostly I love how cheery everything and everyone is. It's the most magical time of the year! 







Not the obvious thing that comes to mind when thinking of
music, but we were dancing to music and being merry, so I
thought it could work. 

                                                                        6. Music- Music does have that special ability to turn your mood around. I've already included some of my favorite "Happy" songs in a post that you can read HERE, but I'll include a few more that I can't help but groove to. Smile by Mcfly is a happy song as the title would imply. Also, Love Today by Mika helps to immediately put me in a better mood.










  
Picture I took at the zoo the other day. Apparently this is how a
giraffe sits down. 
7. The Little Things- When I think about it, there are so many little things that put a smile on my face. Things like watching a movie or t.v. show I've been waiting for, getting a letter or a package in the mail, giraffes, weddings, new socks, or reading a good book. Everyone has down days and it's important to really think about all the good things you do have instead of focusing on the things you don't. Again, I know it sounds cheesy and cliche, I'm sorry for that. 







I really, really hope this entire post didn't come off as braggish and preachy. I did not intend it to be that way. I like to read about what makes other people happy, and their positive outlook on live is truly inspiring. 


Keep Smiling,
 

I'm sorry about the formatting of this post. For some reason it doesn't want to show up the way I wrote it, so some things are spaced weirdly of just completely out of whack! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...