CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 2, 2012

July Favorites!

I probably don't use enough products and try enough new things to do a favorites post for every month, but I do have a few things I've been using for a while now, and I decided they were worthy of having their own post. 



Dove Visibly Smooth Deodorant in the scent Wild Rose
I know it's a little out of the ordinary to include a deodorant in a favorites post, but to be honest, this may actually be my top pick out of the bunch. Over the last several months I have tried many deodorants and have not been very satisfied with any of them. I know, I know, it's just deodorant as long as it does it's job it should be good right? Well usually what has turned me off has been the scent. I always like it at first, but then after a while it becomes very sickening. I really didn't want to have to opt for a non-scented one because for some reason I have it in my head that if you can't smell it, it's not working. I am pleased to say that I think i've finally found the perfect solution in this one. It smells great! I am now on my second one and am still loving it. Also, as a bonus, since it's the visibly smooth one, it's supposed to smooth out the skin and make it stubble free for longer. I believe it works in that aspect as well. (Whew! I think I talked about deodorant for long enough) 

Febreze Air Effects in the scent Petal & Pure
I like to have a bottle of febreze on hand to freshen things up a bit. This one is by far the best smelling one I've come across so far. However, I do wish the smell lingered in the air a bit more than it does, but I find that it lasts the longest on fabrics such as bedding and clothing. I usually start spraying one thing and then end up going crazy with it because it just smells so good! 

Bath & Body Works HandiBac in Sweet Pea
This is a anti-bacterial hand spray. I found this interesting because I had never seen anything like it before. I'm so used to seeing the usual gel or foaming versions. Applying this reminded me a lot of applying bug spray. It absorbs very quickly (like most sanitizers do) but the spray nozzle allows you to apply the right amount without over drying your hands. That being said, I would probably watch where I apply it because you don't want to spray it all over something that could get ruined (like I almost just did with my computer screen). 


Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
I like to use this eyeliner over my regular eyeliner to make the line more crisp and fill it in better. It has a nice fine tip, but I find that I hold it more to the side and use the entire length of the tip and not just the point. The nice thing about this is that it doesn't smudge as much as my regular liner does, which is probably the case with most liquid liners. I have found that it doesn't seem to work as well on it's own. On the upside, I've had it for a while now and it is still going strong. 

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara
I have been using this mascara for many months now and I really, really like it. I'm usually not too picky about mascaras, so that might not be saying much. However, the first time I used it, I got several compliments on my lashes. It's the one with the spoon brush so maybe that's what's making the difference. I think it's safe to say I will be sticking with his mascara for now although I do want to try their newest one (I think it's the plush one if I remember correctly). I know there are several versions of the falsies mascara that have similar packaging, so it's easy to get them mixed up. I have not heard as many good things about the other ones as I have about this one. 

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in the shade Golden-I
I recently received this nail polish from my sister for my birthday and love it. I'm sort of a nail polish junkie so basically, I'll love almost any color. I have the silver version of this, and have been eyeing up the gold for a while now. My sister didn't even know I wanted it, so it was perfect! I love this because the glitter is so fine that it is really part of the polish. This makes it so much easier to remove. Plus you only need two coats, which is the standard for me anyway. This polish always makes me feel like I have just dipped my fingers into liquid gold. 


Nivea A Kiss of Shimmer Radiant Lip Care
I Love this product because it is moisturizing but also gives your lips some color. It's perfect for any outfit really. It's a great shimmery light pink color that isn't too bold or overly noticeable. It also has SPF 10, which is indeed a bonus. 

Lypsyl Lip Balm
Burt's Bees lip balm has always been a favorite of mine, but this product is also getting up there on my list of favorites. I recently rediscovered it (literally because it was lost for a long time), and remembered why I liked it so much. It's almost gone, so that proves my point. It is a lot like the original burt's bees lip balm, but it doesn't seem to be quite as sticky. 

I also decided to include some random things in my favorites posts.

Music
I have really been loving the song Titanium by David Guetta feat. Sia, and also The Vision of Love by Kris Allen

Television
Recently, I have started watching the show Pretty Little Liars. I started reading the first book in Barnes & Noble when it came out, but left before I finished reading it. I wasn't entirely sure if I was going to like the show or not, but I like a variety of shows so I decided to try it. I was hooked from the start. I wasn't expecting it to be so mysterious and creepy, which is probably the main reason I like it. I'll probably be starting season three soon. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...