CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 24, 2012

Planning My Adventure

I have mentioned before that this fall semester I will be hopping the pond to study abroad in England. It is the opportunity of a lifetime, and I could not be more excited! It's time to trade in my snow boots for rain boots, and my textbooks for travel books! Haha kidding on that last one. I will sill be studying don't worry. I feel like I have been waiting my entire life to do something like this, and it's finally happening! It makes me sound like a nut case, but every time I imagine myself there I start smiling like an idiot. I have been to Europe several times before, but never to England (besides the airport), and never on my own. This is the first time I will be flying solo (haha literally and figuratively), and I have to admit that the thought of navigating the airport and catching all my flights by myself makes me a little anxious. 

My last year has been jam-packed with planning, paperwork, meetings etc. It has been a lot of work, and it was very stressful at times, but I'm positive it will all be worth it in the end. There are so many things I have to consider and remember, and I'm just hoping I don't forget anything important when I leave. I only have a couple weeks left until then, so it's getting to be crunch time! Yikes! 

I have done many things to prepare, but I feel like the most daunting task is still ahead of me, and that is packing. Ugh thinking about it makes me cringe. I have been mentally packing and making lists of things for months. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's making lists! I have come to the conclusion that I've got way to much stuff! I have absolutely no idea how I am going to fit an entire semesters-worth of clothes and such into one suitcase! That's right, I said ONE suitcase. Not to mention all the things I'll actually need that will take up space like bedding, a pillow, and school supplies. The sheer amount of stuff ones needs for only four months astounds me. I mean I don't need to bring so many clothes, but I don't want to have to be doing laundry all the time. I will definitely have to purchase some things when I get over there (Oh why does shampoo have to weigh so much?), which annoys me slightly because the exchange rate is not in my favor. Oh well It will all be worth it. That's what I keep telling myself. 

I am definitely not the most high-maintenance girl you will ever come across, but I have been in a pickle or two about what shoes to bring. I want to be prepared for all occasions, but I have to be practical about this. I need shoes that will be comfortable to walk long distances in, and that will go with multiple outfits. It doesn't sound too complicated, but when you factor in waterproofness and the fact that some shoes don't go with some outfits because they are simply the wrong style or color, it becomes rather complicated indeed. I can't go tromping about London wearing tennis shoes and a skirt. You see my dilemma? I think I have gone back and forth about this subject so many times.

Throughout the summer I have been tossing random stuff I've collected
for my trip into my carry on.
Some of the mini/travel things I've accumulated thus far. Ignore the
deodorant. I don't know how it wiggled it's way into the picture. 

Anyways, enough about packing. I will try to blog about my trip and experiences as much as I can when I'm there. If they are interesting that is. After all, that was much of my reasoning for starting this blog in the first place. 

If anyone has any travel/packing tips, or tips about England itself, they would be much appreciated! 

Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...