CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New Obsession??


Photos courtesy of google
I was flipping through a magazine a while ago, and I came across a perfume sample. Now usually when this happens I don't even stop to look at it, because I feel like when they are in a magazine they all smell the same. Strong and papery. This time however, I noticed it was for a coach perfume, and decided to give it a little sniff. Coach happens to be one of my favorite higher end brands mainly because I don't own many designer brand products, and the two pairs of coach shoes that I do own are my favorite shoes. Anyway, back to the perfume. It smelled AMAZING! So amazing in fact, that I actually tore the little flap off and rubbed it all over my wrists. It was the limited edition summertime perfume (actually I think it was eau de toilet. I never really understood a major difference between the two.) and I was in love. I don't actually own that many perfumes as I have mainly just used body sprays for fear of being one of those people that walk past and leave you choking in a cloud of their perfume. I just have my most recent addition of couture couture by juicy couture and a J. Lo one from a looooong time ago. I have found myself to be getting more into perfumes lately. I guess I like smelling nice, and body sprays never seem to last the entire day. Although I do still fear the whole overpowering perfume cloud scenario. 


Whew, this is getting a little off topic. The entire night after I used the magazine "sample" I could not stop sniffing my wrists, and the scent just seemed to be getting better as the night wore on. I seriously have never been obsessed with a fragrance this much. It was borderline crazy. My sister kept giving me weird looks, and I think I even told her that it smelled so delicious that I just wanted to chew my hand off at one point. An obvious exaggeration, but I'm not sure by how much. (Maybe all the perfume sniffing was getting to me and making me delusional) The magazine ad conveniently had the price listed (in fine print), and I knew I wouldn't be getting my hands on it anytime soon, especially since it is limited edition. I scoured the web searching for a cheaper price with no such luck. Also, the little piece of paper with the scent on it that I saved and kept sniffing, was starting to smell just like a plain ol' magazine page. I went to Macy's hoping they would have those little sample things you can fill up and take home with you, but didn't have any luck with that either. 

Eventually, I gave up hope and forgot about it... kind of. A couple of days ago I was in Sephora when I saw it, that little bottle of yummyness. (I'm terrible at describing scents so yes, that's the word I'm going with) It was still the same price so I knew I wouldn't be going home with it, but I was curious to try it out again because in my desperate search online, I noticed that the reviews said it smelled way different out of the bottle than the sample did. I sprayed it on and was relieved that they were right. It did not smell half as good as I remembered. Yes, relieved, because then I could get over this obsession and move on. I went on with my shopping but lo and behold, just like before, the scent just kept getting better with time. I remembered why I loved it so much, and the whole compulsive sniffing wrist episode ensued. 

Now if you're reading this and thinking "this long-winded story has got to be leading up to a happy ending", I'm sorry to disappoint. While it is still something I dream about owning, and think it would look smashing on my dresser amongst all my other bottles etc., I don't need it. However, if you're in the market for a new fragrance, I would highly recommend this one. (Obviously) If you do purchase it, or already own it, please let me know. I can live vicariously through you. Now after I've been raving about it I hope you don't go take a whiff and start gagging. That would be slightly embarrassing, but to each her own I guess. Everyone has different tastes. 


Oh and just another little tidbit from my oh so exciting life (eye roll ;D). I have really been in a baking mood lately. Now if you know me, which I'm assuming you don't, (unless you're that crazy person that I always see sitting on the roof outside my window. Haha joking) you'll know that I'm not much of a chef. My mom freaks out slightly if I use the oven/stove. I attempted to make a peanut butter pie today, it may sound weird, but if you've ever had the one from Perkin's Restaurant and Bakery, you'll know why I tried making my own, and if you haven't, you're missing out! I made quite the mess out of the kitchen and created a pile of dirty dishes, but it turned out better than I thought it would because I tasted some of it when I was mixing it and it tasted slightly of dish soap, which obviously worried me a little. I was going to take a picture of it to post, but forgot until after my mom had taken a slice out of it. I think I will try my hand at chocolate chip banana bread sometime soon and see how that turns out. 

Yikes! This post goes on forever. It wasn't my intent, but it is what it is I guess. Anyways, I hope everyone's week is going swimmingly! 

8 comments:

Unknown

i have tried this stuff - i actually have a deluxe sample size bottle of it that came with my sephora purchase! (sephora, FTW!) i really love it how it smells throughout the day (although i don't love the smell at first!)
ahh -- absolutely LOVE perkins! their peanut butter cup pies are SO tasty! and their omlettes, of course :)

-alexandra
http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com

Christina

Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to comment! I loved hearing your thoughts on the perfume, and the pie of course! The more I think about it, the more I feel that I have to go buy a slice! And yes, the omelets are amazing too!

Unknown

oh my god, do you really go to UND too?? that is so exciting!
what year are you?!

Christina

Yes! I will be a sophomore this fall. When I saw that you went there I was like woah what a coincidence because the blogs I usually read are written by people who live halfway around the world it seems.

Unknown

true that -- i feel like most bloggers are from the UK. it's not really an american thing, i feel like, and a lot of my friends are like "wtf is a blog?"
what hall were you in? freshman/sophmore year i was in smith, but i'm moving into an apartment with my boyfriend this year :)

Christina

Yeah I have definitely come across many blogs from the UK. I didn't even really know blogging was popular until pretty recently. It always seems to be portrayed as kind of the nerdy thing to do in movies haha.
I lived in Squires last year, but I'm not exactly sure where I'll be living this coming year because I'm studying abroad in England this fall :). So I won't be back until the spring semester.
I've heard the apartment way is definitely the way to go!

Unknown

lovely perfume although I'd never tried that on before :)
would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

Christina

Sure! I'll check out your page right now :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...