CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 27, 2012

It's That Time Again: Olympics 2012!

Whoop whoop! It's officially olympics time! If you couldn't already tell, I absolutely LOVE the olympics. I'm usually not much of a sports fan, especially if I'm watching on T.V., but there is just something about the olympics that gets me pumped up! I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's something that the whole world comes together for, to celebrate and cheer for their team and country. It really promotes patriotism, and I for one, love having something to root for, and it makes me really proud of my country. 

I can never really decide if I like the summer or winter olympics better, because there are events in both of them that I love. My favorites include gymnastics, figure skating, swimming, diving, and skiing. The amount of skill and dedication these athletes have amazes me every time, and I love to see all of their hard work pay off. 

It's so weird to think about all the planning that goes into things like this, and how many people must be involved. Back in 2005 when I was in Paris with my family, I remember that the whole city was decorated with the olympic colors, and "Paris 2012" was plastered onto every monument, including the Eiffel Tower. It was because Paris was one of the cities in the running for these olympics. It's crazy how far in advance they plan this! Although I have to say that I'm glad London ended up being chosen.  I wish I remembered more about the last time the olympics took place in the U.S. 

I'm watching the last bits of the opening ceremonies now, and my excitement for the upcoming days is only building. Is anyone else super pumped for the olympics? 

Photo courtesy of Google

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...