CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2012

Sweet Summertime

The summers where I live are usually pretty hot and can be quite humid. This summer however, has been extra hot. I'm talking the "walk outside and immediately break a sweat" kind of hot. Seeing as I don't relish being overly warm, and as I've mentioned before that I burn quite easily in the sun, I've pretty much limited my time outdoors to watering the flowers, or walking across the street to get the mail. I thought that since I'm in the house often, it would be the perfect time to get things done. So I cranked up the music and got to work. 
The first thing I did was tackle my room. My room has been arranged the same way for years, and for a while now I have been itching to change it up. The only problem is that my room is quite small and with all the furniture in it, there was no good way to rearrange it. Also, there was the fact that I don't even live here for the most part of the year anymore, so I didn't know if it would even be worth it. I decided eh what the heck I'll give it a go. So on Saturday I busted out the tools and started taking things apart. It took a lot of effort and multiple people to move/dismantle all the furniture, but I am very pleased with the outcome. The best part is that I finally have the window fully unblocked and my room is so bright! It still amazes me whenever I walk into it. 
I've also been keeping busy with other things around the house, reading, and seeing friends. I have also been discovering a lot of new music. I absolutely love music, and honestly think life would be completely dull without it. It has the wonderful ability to lift my spirits and make me smile. If anyone has any music suggestions, I would definitely love to hear them. I've decided to include a few songs that no matter what, always seem to make me want to turn up the volume, sing along, and get up and dance. 

~ You Make My Dreams - Daryl Hall & John Oates
Mack The Knife - The Brian Setzer Orchestra 
~ Love On Top - Beyonce
~ I Wanna Dance With Somebody - Whitney Houston
~ Closer To The Edge - 30 Seconds To Mars
~ iF U C Kate - McFly
~ Brokenhearted - Karmin
~ Touches You - Mika

These are just a few of my favorites. I know it may seem like a lot but believe me, It was hard to even narrow it down to these 12. Ok so some of these videos may be a bit strange. I didn't watch them all the way through so I apologize if they are not perfect. I know at least one of them is pitched weirdly and one of them cut the beginning off, but it's the best I could find. I hope everyone is enjoying their week so far and find something, even if it is something small, that makes them smile and brings them some happiness!

Some random pictures from summer so far =D


Russian Nesting Dolls




Flowers From The Garden

2 comments:

Dani

The dolls are super cute!:)

Christina

Thanks! We've had them forever. I think my grandma got them for my mom in Russia.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...