CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 13, 2012

"Relax, Take It Easy"

 The past week was filled with swimming, campfires, friends, family, and total relaxation. For the first part of the week I took a trip up north with my closest friends. We stayed at a cabin that one of their parents own, and we had an amazing time! This summer was the first one that we didn't all spend together, so it was really great to spend every minute of the five days together before everyone leaves for school again. We basically spent our time playing cards, eating, laughing, and enjoying each other's company. I don't think I've ever had so many bug bites in my life at one time, but it was totally worth it.    








When I got home on friday, I had to quickly unpack/repack my bag because then I was off to my Aunt and Uncle's cabin with my family. It was great to see two of my cousin's again because they are basically the brother's that I never had. It was an amazing weekend, even though I am now sunburned (of course) and extremely sore from some wild rides on the tube. 

While I was there, I had the opportunity to take a ride on a float plane. I have flown in small airplanes many times in my life, but never in one that lands and takes off from the water. First of all, I should probably say that I love flying, so this was an opportunity I was really excited about. I love the feeling you get when the plane takes off and everything outside gets smaller and smaller. Although, flying in a small airplane is a lot different than flying in a large, commercial airplane (which I also love). While I was in the air, I saw some beautiful scenery that made me appreciate where I live even more than I did before. 



These loons were crazy. There was a female loon farther off who was calling, and it was really interesting seeing the males show off for her. It was something that you see in those videos they make you watch in science class and don't think anything of it. Seeing it in real life was actually really impressive! 
I got home last night just in time to see the closing ceremonies of the olympics. I have to say that I was most impressed by the Spice Girls' performance. I wasn't sure if they still had it in them. I am now suffering from the usual post-olympic depression, but I must say that these games were absolutely amazing. There were so many memorable moments. I was pleasantly surprised by the sportsmanship I saw displayed by the athletes (mostly the swimmers). Most of them seemed genuinely happy for the winner, no matter which country they represented, and congratulated them. Also, I loved watching the medal ceremonies to see the pure joy on the athlete's faces. To be honest, I just really wanted to hug them and personally congratulate them on a job well done, because they have worked so hard for that one moment of glory. I know it's sad, but I am already looking forward to the next olympics. 

On a side note, the stars and the night sky this week were insane! I saw so many shooting stars because it was getting really close to the big meteor shower that happened last night. I wish I could have gotten a picture of it, but it wouldn't have done it any justice. Summer is slowly drawing to a close, but I think I can safely say that It has been a great one! I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...