CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Breaking Into My Own House

Today started out as a normal enough day until one little unfortunate event. My mom and I went to get our haircut, and when we got back we were posed with quite the problem. She accidentally brought the set of keys that did not have a house key on them, and foolishly didn't put the spare key back after the last time she used it. We had no idea when my dad was going to be home, so we were stuck in a rut indeed. Now, this is not the first time this has happened to us, so I guess we should be pros at this by now. 

We have had all of our windows replaced on the ground level since the last time we had to "break in", well all of them except one. (Thankfully, since all the new windows are impossible to get into from the outside unless you want to slash the screen and break the glass) Coincidentally, this was also the only window that was unlocked. Bless whoever forgot to lock that one! 

We busted out the screwdriver and unscrewed every tiny little screw on the screen. It doesn't sound too bad but there was a rickety stepladder involved, and it seemed to be swelteringly hot outside at that moment. Needless to say, it took forever. The window was jammed, so it took us a while to finally get the window open enough so I could stretch my arm in and reach over to unlock the door that was next to it. Finally my long orangutan arms have been put to good use! The whole fiasco was quite challenging, but I'm glad to know that it won't be easy for anyone to get into our house and burglarize us. If they tried, they would most likely give up, because it would take too much effort! 




Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...