CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Ten Day You Challenge || Ten secrets


It's 2:00p.m right now and I'm still sitting here in my pj's. I was supposed to have already showered and accomplished some packing by this time, but What am I doing insted? Sitting here doing a bunch of nothing and blogging. I've seen this "Ten Day You Challenge" floating around the blogging world lately, and as I really enjoy reading them myself, I though I would give it a try. First up, Ten Secrets. These probably actually aren't secrets since it is common knowledge to most people I know, but hey, I'm guessing it's some stuff that you guys didn't know about me. 

Photos courtesy of Google


1. I ruptured my left eardrum when I was younger
Since I was just a baby, I don't remember this incident, but I still fell like it causes me problems sometimes. Who knows, I could just be imagining it. I was prone to ear infections when I was a child, and I think this may have been what caused it. I'm not entirely sure. 

2. I played the violin, piano, and clarinet
I took violin lessons until my teacher moved away. I took piano lessons until I quit. (I kind of regret that), and I played the clarinet from fifth grade until I graduated high school. One of my biggest regrets in life is choosing the clarinet over percussion instruments. I don't know what I was thinking that day, I think I had a memory lapse, because I had always dreamt of playing the drums. Silly, silly, girl. 

3. My great uncle helped develop/invent CPR
He was a heart surgeon (now retired), and him, along with his partner(s), came up with the method of CPR. I read a book this summer that took place in the 1800's and they were performing CPR on a patient, and I was like oh please, that was not invented yet!  I felt so smart haha. 

4. I am still pretty attached to my blankie
I've had it since a little after I was born, and it is basically in shreds now because I took that thing everywhere.  I don't bring it to school with me or anything (although I did sneak it with me to kindergarten), so I don't miss it when I don't have it with me. I once left it at the church when we went to my aunt and uncle's wedding, and when we finally got it back I was the happiest child ever! We have the video of this to prove it.  

5. I am a hopeless romantic
I can't even really explain this one. I'm always up for a good love story, and sometimes the cheesier the better. I love everything from Pride and Prejudice to 27 Dresses. 

6. I secretly give people nicknames in my head
I don't know why I do this, I don't even think about it. It just happens. Obviously if I'm really close with that person I would tell them, but sometimes it's someone I have just met or something and that would just be plain awks. 

7. I am apparently related to F. Scott Fitzgerald
My dad always kind of skirts the question when we ask about it, but my grandpa insisted it's true. Rumor has it that we're related to him somehow through his wife Zelda. She was crazy, so I hope it's not genetic! 

8. I am a Directioner
This is the one I am most embarrassed to admit to people. There is such a stigma attached to it isn't there? Trust me, you don't have to worry about me fangirling over them. That's not my style. Although, I must admit that I do know quite a lot about them. Unlike most people however, I don't like them based on their looks. I know when I say this most One Direction fans will gasp with shock and horror, but I don't think there is anything particularly special about their looks. I mean they're not bad looking, but I mainly like them because they seem to have nice personalities and I like their music. Moving on. 

9. I tried learning how to beatbox
It didn't go too well. For some reason I just thought It would be so cool if suddenly I could just be all "Check this out" and bust out some sick flo. I guess it wasn't meant to be. 

10. I name objects
If I own something, it's almost guaranteed to have a name. My dad gets slightly annoyed because all of our cars have names, and we force him to call them by them. I think he is secretly amused by it though. Right now I am typing on my trusty computer Xavier, and thinking about how I should water my plant Roxanne. 


I hope you enjoyed my ten "secrets" and found them at least somewhat amusing. I encourage everyone to participate in this challenge, and if you do, please tell me so I can read it! 



Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...