CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Ten Day You Challenge || Four Books


I'm back with another "Ten Day You Challenge". Today is four books. This one was extremely difficult since I absolutely love to read! 


1. Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman
I discovered this book around the same time that I discovered my love for Pride & Prejudice and Mr. Darcy of course. Basically it's a story about a girl whose friend becomes obsessed with Pride & prejudice and of course shenanigans and romance ensue. It is a good lighthearted book to read if you're in your early teens. I loved this book so much I think I probably checked it out from my school's library at least three times... in one year. My friend loved it as well and we still have inside jokes that came from this book. 

2. The Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz
I went through a spy phase when I was younger and became obsessed with Alex Rider, the teenage boy who becomes a spy. I will always remember the first time I stayed up all night. I was with my friend again and we pretty much spent the whole night talking about the series, which actually sounds really pathetic now that I think about it haha. I must admit that when the Stormbreaker movie came out we made shirts and went on opening day. We were the only ones in the theater besides an old lady and her giant bucket of popcorn. 

3. The Trixie Belden Series by Julie Campbell
Both my sisters and I loved this series. We got almost the complete set of thirty-something books from my mom because they used to be hers. It's a great series full of mystery and adventure. They started reprinting the series again several years ago, so we'd always rush to Barnes & Noble to pick up a copy of one of the books we were missing when it came out. 

4. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
These are the books that are closest to my heart. Harry Potter was such a big part of my childhood and I feel like I grew up with him. I can't count how many times I've read the series, but I know it was a lot. My oldest sister was the first of my family to start reading them, and once she was hooked, she convinced me to start. She even read the entire first book to me. We all read the first four quickly because that was all that was out at the time. Every time a new book was released we were only allowed to get one copy, so we made shifts of what time during the day a certain person was allowed to read it. That's how dedicated we were ;) 

Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...