CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 1, 2012

Days Go By


Hello everyone! I've had a pretty uneventful day, but I thought I would go ahead and write about it anyway ;) I only had one class today, and I can already say that it is my least favorite. It's an art history class, which for me (being a forensic science major), is way over my head. First of all, the education system is completely different over here, so basically everyone in my class is studying the same course. Meaning, they already know each other. That makes things a little more difficult, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and push on. I've always been really shy, (I would even go as far and say that it's social anxiety), and I think I've gotten a lot better since I've arrived, actually I'm quite proud of myself, but I still have a loooong way to go. 

It sounds completely cliche, but I really do feel like this whole experience is helping me grow as a person, which is exactly what I'd hoped for. I can feel myself slowly becoming more independent and outgoing. I'm trying new things, and shocker, I actually like most of them! For instance, I just got back from swing dancing, and I had a really good time! I think I've missed out on so many things in life because I've been too scared to try new things and put myself out there. There have been so many "firsts" for me already, and (get ready for the corny-ness again) I can feel my horizons broadening. 

Even though I am from a small town, I had always thought that I was a pretty open-minded and worldly person. While that may be true, there are still so many things I haven't known, or things I haven't done. So far, I've met so many different types of people from so many different places, and it's been really great. I've already learned so much from them it's crazy. I never would have had this opportunity back home. It's one thing to travel to a place for a week or so on vacation, but to actually live in a foreign country is a completely different thing. I think this is what drew me to the idea of studying abroad in the first place, and I can gladly say that I'm getting the adventure that I hoped for. 

I can also say that this experience has made me even more patriotic than I was before, and I'll admit, I do enjoy telling people that I'm American when they ask. Yes, they do sometimes poke fun at my accent and the way I say things, but it's all in good fun. I love answering questions about the way we do things back home, and what kinds of things we have. Last week I met a guy that was so interested in America. He asked me a lot of questions about it, and I can honestly say that I enjoyed answering them. He was really excited to hear that we actually had lockers with combinations and yellow buses at my high school. It was "Just like the movies" he said. 

Anyway, I guess this post was just meant to say that I am having the time of my life here. Honestly, I haven't even been homesick once. Although I do miss pumpkins, apple orchards, and apple crisp. Since it is a new month, I am going to challenge you to try something new this month. You never know, you might end up having a blast! 


Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...