CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

High On McFly



If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you will probably already know my love for McFly. I mentioned it several times before, and one of the things on my bucket list is to see them live. So when I saw their post on Facebook two days ago saying that they needed people for the music video of their new single "Love is Easy", I of course jumped at the opportunity. Quite literally actually. My gloomy day was magically turned into one of hope and excitement. The video shoot was taking place in South West London, and since I'm living in London, it was perfect! I felt that this was finally my chance to see them and be near them. I was a bit worried because I thought everyone would be busy, but I found someone to go with me in the end. 

The location was being kept top secret until the last moment, but basically what you had to do was email the address they gave, and they would email you with the venue information. They recommended that you bring your friends and make banners, so that's exactly what I did. I was seriously shaking with excitement the entire day yesterday. I couldn't even pay attention during my classes. My friend and I hopped on the train, and pretty much ran the distance to the location (all uphill no less) because we were a little late, but when we arrived, there was still a line outside. We ended up waiting for over an hour as it got darker and colder, and as I got hungrier. It was all totally worth it in the end though. 

The most unfortunate thing was that we weren't allowed to take pictures at all. They made us leave our handbags at the back of the room. I'm not going to say exactly what we did while we were there, but I will say that it wasn't anything too strenuous or over exciting. You'll be able to see that when the video comes out. Although just being there was exciting of course. I will say however, that the guys were looking quite dashing in their matching outfits, and of course, were being their hilarious selves! It was so surreal to see them in person instead of on my computer screen. I still have a hard time believing the whole thing even happened. 

We did the scene about five times until they were satisfied. I'm fairly positive that I won't be seen in the actual video but maybe, just maybe, our sign will show up. Fingers Crossed! There wasn't as many people there as I expected, and we were actually pretty close to the guys even though we were in the back of the crowd. Hearing Tom singing and playing his ukelele and Harry tapping away on his drums pretty much made my life complete. During the shoot Harry waved and smiled directly at us, and as pathetic as it may sound, I completely melted. He looked so genuinely happy that we were waving at him. After we finished and the video was all wrapped up, the guys each said a few words and thanked us all for coming and for being so great. I was so hyped up and excited during the whole experience, and I feel so lucky to have been a part of it! I guess I came to London at the perfect time! 

Keep Smiling, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...