It's finally December! That means I can now blast the Christmas music, and bring on the holiday cheer with good reason. I'm sitting all warm and cozy in my room listening to the man playing jazzy christmas music on his saxophone at the art gallery right outside my window. The only thing missing is a cup of hot chocolate with a candy cane in it ( I ran out), and some festive christmas lights (we're not allowed). It's really beginning to feel like the Christmas season. I've mentioned several times before, but I literally go crazy for christmas! Trust me, my flatmates are already starting to understand my obsession, and they think I am slightly loco. One thing that really gets me in the Christmas mood is obviously the music. I grew up in a house where we pretty much go all out for christmas, including he music. We have an entire drawer filled with Christmas CDs and they have become such classics from listening to them year after year. There's nothing better than blasting the Christmas tunes throughout the entire ground floor of our house, while the snow is falling, and the Christmas cookies are baking. In this post, I've compiled a list of my favorite songs that I immediately bust out as soon as the Christmas season commences. There are so many that I love, and so many different versions as well, but I did my best to narrow it down, even if it does seem like a lengthy list. And of course I do love all the traditional ones as well!
- The Nutcracker Suite - The Brian Setzer Orchestra
- Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid
- Last Christmas - Wham, I also really enjoy this version
- Carol of the Bells - Trans-Siberian Orchestra, This isn't the version I was originally going to post, but I couldn't find the one I wanted on YouTube. I do really like this version too though.
- This Christmas - Christina Aguilera
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - Michael Buble, I also really love this version, and this one as well. I just couldn't decide since I love the song so much! Which one do you like the best?
- Where Are You Christmas - Faith Hill
- All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey, The Michael Buble version is good as well
- Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
- Our Love is Like a Holiday - Michael Bolton
- Santa Baby - The Pussycat Dolls, I couldn't find the Everclear version on YouTube, but I also do like this one.
- Jingle Bell Rock - Bobby Helms
- Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
- What Christmas Means to Me - Hanson
- White Christmas - Michael Buble and Shania Twain
- Merry Christmas Baby - Christina Aguilera
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Bruce Springsteen
- Blue Christmas - Elvis
What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?