CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Very Harry Evening


Last week my family came and visited me here in London, and it was really great to see them all again! My sisters and I are slightly really obsessed with Harry Potter ( I can't even count how many times we've read the books) so we took the opportunity to go check out the Warner Bros. Studios Harry Potter Tour. Let me just say that is was absolutely AMAZING! Trust me, if you are an avid HP fan then you must go have yourself a little looksy. It's totally worth the 28 pounds. Although you may want to leave extra early because let me tell you, getting there was an absolute struggle. Probably just poor planning on my part, which is saying something since I am almost always really early to everything. 

Our tour was booked for 6:00, but they say to get to the Watford Junction station 45 mins. before your tour to catch the special shuttle. Yeah, let's just say that definitely didn't happen. The part of the underground that we were planning on taking was closed so we had to take a really long and out of the way route to get there, and the entire journey just took way longer than expected. Needless to say, we were almost positive that we missed the last shuttle, so we were going to take a taxi, but nobody knew where it was and we really didn't want to shell out the extra money. But really, we were desperate and would do practically anything for Harry... We were really losing all hope (and we're a pretty positive bunch of people) it was literally the worst feeling thinking about turning back and heading home, especially thinking about all that money wasted. However, we decided to just try to make it and a few hassles and nice men later, we found ourselves there! We were extremely late, but they still let us in. We were the last ones there, and the first parts of the tour, which were guided, we were the only ones. Talk about VIP treatment haha. 

I must admit that I was a little worried that seeing all the props and how things worked would ruin the magic of it all, but it didn't whatsoever. We went crazy running around snapping pictures of everything. There was so much stuff! And everything was the original of what they used in the movies. I finally got to fulfill my dream of trying butterbeer. It was delicious, but didn't make me feel warm inside, if anything it made me colder. It turned out to be a very 'magical' evening, and we were so relieved we made it! 





I want that hat! 








Diagon Alley!
HUGE model of Hogwarts that they filmed the outdoor scenery shots in
front of a green screen



And of course we had to make a stop at King's Cross ;)



Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...