CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Fun!

Today is Memorial Day in the U.S. and like veterans day, it is a way for us to take some time to remember all those who are fighting, and have fought for our freedom. I get a little bit overwhelmed when I think of all the soldiers and people that are part of our country's military that voluntarily sacrifice everything for so many people they don't even know. It's crazy, and I admire and thank them so much for it. 

My family broke tradition this year. Usually we go camping at out favorite state park, but last year there was a terrible flood, and the park is not yet open again. That combined with the horribly increased gas prices made us decide to just stay home this year. The weather was a little bit chilly and overcast, but we still had a campfire in our yard to roast hotdogs and marshmallows over. At least we didn't break tradition in that sense. 

Roasting a hotdog over the fire


These hotdogs were so scrawny I had to put two in one bun

The perfectly toasted golden marshmallow

Mmmm S'mores

First proper S'more of the summer

So messy, but so worth it. There goes my diet...

Food coma. Need I say more? 


Hope you enjoyed your day as well! 


Keep Smiling,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...