CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

All Around the World ~ The Wanderlust Tag!


I saw this tag on You Tube the other day, and although I wasn't actually tagged to do it, I thought it was a really fun one and a nice change from the usual beauty/fashion ones I've seen lately. I'm a massive fan of traveling, and it seems that I'll always be stuck with an ever-present case of wanderlust. When I got back from studying abroad in the United Kingdom I thought I would be satisfied... at least for a while anyway. That didn't happen. While it was hands-down the best experience and best time of my life, It just made me want to keep traveling. Also, my best friends were planning and setting off on their study abroad trips right when I got back, which didn't help my bad case of the travel jitters at all. When I think of all the places I want to travel to, I get this overwhelming urge to start planning things straight away no matter how unrealistic it is at this time in my life. 

1. What is your most treasured passport stamp?
I've thought about this and I guess I would probably have to say my fist stamp that I got when I was seven years old. It was my first trip to overseas, and it's where my love for traveling began. I went to Italy with my family, and my passport was stamped in the Milan airport. However, I probably 'treasure' my collection of passport stamps throughout the three passports I've had in my lifetime more than any one stamp in particular. 

2. Can you recite your passport number from memory?
Pssh no. Do most people have their's memorized? I didn't really even think it was something people used often. I used mine quite often, but that was only because I had to fill out an endless amount of forms when I studied abroad. Even after all that, I still don't know mine by heart. 

3. What is your preferred method of travel?
Definitely airplanes! Flying is one of my favorite things. It combines the anticipation of new things and adventure into one great experience. I know some people are going to think I'm crazy for saying this (my mom included), but when the plane speeds up and takes off the runway is one of the best feelings to me. My sister feels the same way. It actually almost makes me giddy. One thing I noticed in my recent air travels is that most other people grip the armrests and have a pained look on their faces when the plane takes off, but I'm just the opposite. I guess I'm just an oddball. However, some of the reason I love flying so much is because I don't do it that often. If I had to fly as often as I traveled by car, well that would just take the fun out of it. 

4. What are your top three travel items? 
My camera would definitely be at the top of that list. I would be so bummed out if I forgot my camera! I try to take it with me almost everywhere. My second item would probably be a jacket with a hood on it, but I guess that kind of depends on where you're going and how the weather will be. I would also probably need a pair of walking shoes wherever I was going. And I'm going to cheat and say that I would also need a toothbrush, because really traveling without one would just be gross. 

5. Hostel of Hotel? 
I've never actually stayed in a hostel although I want to try it sometime. It's definitely the thing to do when you're traveling with friends and not planning to stay for long. It might be king of weird to stay in one if you have a family. Overall, I guess my answer would have to be hotel. I really like staying hotels! 

6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you like to explore new places? 
I struggle with this question a lot. I always want to go back to the places I've been to because I loved them so much, but I also know I should expand my horizons. I think once I've been to all the places that I really want to go to, I'll let myself return to places I've already visited. That being said, if I was planning a trip with someone that hasn't been somewhere that I have, I would definitely go there with them so they could experience it! 

7. Do you read up on your destination before you go? 
I definitely did this a lot before I went to England. This is probably just because I always like to be prepared and hate not knowing what to expect. I was constantly on Google Earth checking out the area, and thinking of things I would do when I got there. I didn't really read up on any of the places I went to when I traveled with my family. But if I was trying to decide where to go, I would most definitely research all my options to see which one is the best rather than just randomly choosing one for no reason. 

8. Leaving tomorrow, money isn't a problem, where do you go?
Without a doubt I would say Scotland. I tried so hard to make it there when I was in England, but the timing was wrong, and it was hard to find people who would go with me. Especially since we all know university students are not the wealthiest. It looks so beautiful there and I'm dying to see the rolling landscapes and green foliage. Ireland was one of my favorite trips, and I feel like Scotland may be similar. Watching Skyfall only made my urge to go there stronger, and I recently watched Made of Honor which also increased my desire to got there. 


I really hope I didn't miss any questions! Please, please do this tag if you want to, and make sure to let me know if you did so I can read (or watch) it! I'm really interested in how other people travel, and where they want to go/where they've been. Excuse me while I now go pull out all my scrapbooks and relive my travels. 



Keep Smiling, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...