CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 1, 2013

It's That Time Of The Month Again... No, I Don't Mean THAT time



It's favorites time! Haha sorry about the title, I was honestly wracking my brain for a more creative title than just "January Favorites", but obviously couldn't really think of anything very good. 


O.P.I Nail Lacquer - Planks A Lot
I got this nail polish in my stocking for Christmas, but have only just tried it out this month. While lilac this color would probably be better suited for the spring months, Being the nail polish fiend that I am, of course I couldn't resist. Plus, I usually don't even really bother wearing colors suited only for whatever season it is. I love the color, and of course the quality is great too! 

Batiste Dry Shampoo - Urban & Edgy Graffiti 
I was using the Tres Semme dry shampoo before, but heard so many good things about batiste so I bought the travel sized to try it out. It kills me to say this because Tres Semme are really the only products I use on my hair, but the Batiste was so much better. I actually felt like it made a difference in my hair. It made it look AND feel cleaner, which I thought the Tres Semme one was doing until I tried this one.  Also, I really like the way it sprays. I think the only miniature one they had was the blush scented one, and I didn't really care for that scent at all, so when I upgraded to the full size I made sure to get a different scent. There were so many to choose from, and I have to admit that I choose the one that looked the coolest. However, this one is a big improvement on the blush scented one. 

Coach Poppy Flower Perfume
For some reason I acquired so many new perfumes in December. This one is obviously just a sample, but I really like it. I know if I try to describe what it smells like I'll just fail so I won't even try. However I will say that I also have a sample of the original Coach Poppy perfume,and I like the flower version better. It doesn't even necessarily smell floral to me, but like I said, I'm not even going to try explaining what it does smell like. 

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Perfume
I smelled the perfume a while back and distinctly remember not liking it. However, when I was at the airport, I needed to make sure I spent the last of my British pounds, so I bought a trio of Juicy Couture perfumes at the Duty Free. This one turned out to be my favorite of the bunch. I will say that I was in Sephora one day though and liked how the Viva La Juicy La Fleur smelled even more. 



Covergirl Eyeshadow Trio - Shimmering Sands 
At least I think that's the name of it. I cut that part of the label off when I opened it. I have one other Covergirl eyeshadow trio, and the colors were pretty pigmented and seemed to last throughout the day. The colors on this one aren't as pigmented (except for the lightest color), but that doesn't really bother me though because I bought this for a more subtle, natural look. 

Maybelline 24 HR Color Tattoo - Pink Gold
This looks a lot more pink in the picture than it does in real life. I tend to steer clear of pinky reddish eyeshadows because let's face it, looking like your eyes are bloodshot/bleeding doesn't really work for most people. In real life this color is more of a browny salmony color. I really want to get more of these shadows because they last all day and also work really well as a base. I don't usually wear eyeshadow primer, but this still lasts until, I take it off at night. And I usually don't have the greatest luck with eye makeup staying on. I touch my eyes too much. 

Crease Brush
This is the first crease brush I've ever owned, and while it's just the Target brand one, it made doing my eyeshadow so much easier! 

17 Wild Curls Mascara
I got this in a gift bag from a school event, and at first had no idea what it was. Just by looking at it I thought it was miniature hairspray haha! I think the "wild curls" part threw me off a little. I never really thought I would stray from my beloved Maybelline Falsies mascara, but this one was actually really good! Unlike most mascaras I think it worked a little better after it had been open for a while. I like using this one for lazy days since it's not as dramatic as the Falsies one. 


EOS Lipbalm - Passionfruit
At first I was actually a little disappointed with this product, since I've only ever heard good things about it. It turns out it just needed some breaking in. At first it wasn't smooth at all and when I put it on it tugged at my lips making them even more peely than they already were. But if it stayed like that forever, I would have most definitely never used as much as I have. I hate to say this, but I now choose this over my old faithful Burt's Bees. I love how un-sticky it is! 

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains - Darling - Lovesick
I've said in my last favorites post how much I absolutely love these. I want every color! I now have three, and I love each one. I think I talked about these in my last favorites post so I won't really go into detail however bottom line is: they stain and last all day, but feel like you're wearing lip balm. My perfect combination! 


Scarves
My scarf collection has grown considerably in the last couple of months, and I find myself wearing them often. Especially since it is almost always below freezing here. It also doesn't help that I find myself so attracted to them when I walk into a store. 


 T.V. Show
The show I've watched the most this month is probably Ugly Betty. I started and finished season one in the month of January, and really liked it. It probably won't become one of my all time favorite shows ever, but it's still entertaining, and also has a mysterious vibe! 


Song
this would probably have to be Thrift Shop by Macklemore. Rap music isn't my favorite kind of music, but every once in a while I'll hear a really catchy one that I just can't get out of my head! 
I also really like this version of I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables. 




Keep Smiling, 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...