Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Midnight Mishap

My university is a four hour drive away from my house, and since I don't have a car, it's not always easy to get home. Monday is a holiday, meaning I don't have class, so I decided to spend the long weekend at home. I usually get a ride from my friend since we are from the same town, but she had other plans this weekend. I decided to take the train even though it happens to be at the most inconvenient time possible! Public transportation isn't used very much where I live, and people usually tend to just drive themselves wherever they need to go. For this reason, it was my first time taking this train, and I had no idea what to expect. It was scheduled to arrive at 12:57a.m. and be at my destination by 5:17a.m. However, I didn't have high hopes for that after hearing so many stories of how it was never on time. My friend drove me to the station that seemed like it was virtually in the middle of nowhere. Needless to say, we thought it seemed a little sketchy. Things only got worse when we saw that the building was dark and locked up for some mysterious reason. We felt so bad for the people waiting outside in the freezing cold. They must have been dropped off, and obviously didn't expect the station to be closed. While we waited for the train to arrive, we entertained ourselves by making up stories about what happened. Things got a more interesting when two police cars pulled up. They didn't  seem to know anything about why the station wasn't open, but apparently they were there to escort somebody off of the train. The train finally did arrive (late no less), but the troubles did not end there. We had to wait for the police to escort the passenger away, then there were problems with people not being able to pick up their tickets due to the station being closed. Luckily, I had printed my ticket off beforehand unlike many of the others. At this point I couldn't even feel my hands and feet anymore since it was so cold, and I can't even imagine how the people who had been waiting for over an hour felt like. Amidst all this, there was a crazy old man stumbling about complaining and cursing up a storm, and pretty much insulting everyone. I don't even know if they actually let him on the train. The rest of the journey went smoothly though and I have now made it home safely. Needless to say, it was an interesting night! 

Keep Smiling,


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...