CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Ten Day You Challenge || Eight Fears


It's that time again for the "Ten Day You Challenge". Today is eight fears. This is the one I have been looking forward to the least, because it does get a bit heavy, and I really don't like being a downer. I would have much rather sat here talking about eight foods, movies, or books etc., but alas, I did not invent this challenge, so I will follow the rules. Here we go. 

1. Spiders
I really wish I wasn't, but yes, I am afraid of spiders. Just saying it makes me feel like such a cliche. I'm starting to realize now that it's because of how fast they are. I can get close to them when they're just sitting there, but when they start moving, I freak out and my heart literally squeezes up in my chest. 

2. Rejection
I think this is something everyone is a little bit afraid of because really, who wants to be rejected? However, for me I think it is something I let get in the way too often. The thought of being rejected is sometimes so scary to me that it keeps me from doing things that I probably would have enjoyed. It is also something I am trying to work on.

3. Failure
This pretty much goes along the same lines as the last one. I need to learn to let go and not worry about it so much. 

4. Drunk People
Now I know that sometimes they can be funny, but I really don't like being around people who aren't in control. If you know them, obviously it's not so bad, but if they are complete strangers that freaks me out a little bit. 

5. Serial Killers
Who wouldn't be afraid of them? They're sick, twisted, and completely scary. For some reason I am oddly interested in learning about them, but I think it may be because they are so frightening. When I was younger, someone told me a story about a serial killer, and they said he didn't live too far from me. I don't know if the story was actually true or not, but it was quite scary.

6. Cancer
I have known quite a few people who have struggled with cancer. I feel like I have grown up around it. I have lost two grandparents to it, and one of my very close relatives is battling it now. It's such a scary disease because it can affect anyone no matter what their age, it can infect any part of the body, and there is no cure. You could go in to the doctor complaining of a little stomach pain, and it could turn out to be cancer. I'm not necessarily afraid that I am going to get it myself, but I sometimes worry that another person I love will become affected. 

7. Losing someone I love
This goes hand in hand with the last one. My sister lost one of her close friends last year, and it really shook me up. It was a completely unexpected freak accident, and it wasn't a good time for us. When I thought about his family and what they must be going through, I completely lost it. It made me think about what I would do if something ever happened to one of my family members, or one of my friends. The truth is, I don't really want to think about that because it is really painful. It really taught us to not take anything for granted, and now whenever somebody leaves to go somewhere, we make sure we say goodbye. Even thinking about it now is really hard, so that's all I'm going to say about this one. 

8. House Fire
I'm always afraid that I forgot to turn the straightener off, and that the house is going to burn down. Turning off the straightener is like second nature to me, so most of the time I won't remember actually doing it. I'll go somewhere and think of that, then I won't be able to think of anything else. The devastation it would cause would be horrible. I don't know what we would do if we lost everything. My parents have worked so hard for everything we have, and it would be really painful to see everything gone in the blink of an eye. 

So there you have it, my eight fears. I apologize for how deep it got for a while there, but that's what I'm scared of, so I wasn't going to lie to you guys. 


Keep Smiling,

2 comments:

Melissa.

I'm scared of all those things as well, but I'd completely forgot about house fires! I'm so paranoid that I've left a plug on somewhere when I leave the house and that something is going to happen. I make a point of checking all electricals that I used this morning and making sure they were put away properly.

http://melissaknowsbest.blogspot.co.uk

Christina

It took me a while to remember that one. I was trying to think of one more fear, and then I was like "of course, house fire". Every time I leave the house, I always try to remember if I unplugged everything!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...