CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions!

Happy New Year! 2012 was a great year. It was the year that I finished my first year of college, finally made it to England after SO many years of dreaming, started my blog, the world didn't end ;), and I met some incredible people. So many memories that I hope to never forget. I usually never really make serious resolutions, and this year will probably turn out to be like most of the rest, but there are still those certain things that I want to work on and accomplish. I hope that at the end of this year I can look back on this post, and feel satisfied that I accomplish most, if not all of these tasks.


  • Continue working on being more outgoing, friendly, and personable - Traveling abroad by myself has helped me a lot in this area. I have mentioned before that I am extremely shy around people I don't really know, and it's to the point where I think I may sometimes come off as quite standoffish. 
  • Not settling for just an ok grade on my school work - I am a fairly devoted student, but I know that I don't always give my best, and I know I can do a lot better on certain things. 
  • Get a Job -  Especially during the summer. I've worked before, but I need to find something else. I'm not sure if I'll have time for one during the school year, but during the summer it will be necessary.  
  • Focus on making it a really great year, and not dwell on the past - Don't think about what could have been
  • Don't stress over the little things - I am definitely a worrier! Sometimes I actually feel sick with worry (if that's even possible) and it's all I can think about. It can't be healthy.
  • Eat More Vegetables - I actually like most vegetables, but for some reason don't eat as much as I should. I doubt I'm the only one with this problem. 
  • Drink more water - There's nothing bad about drinking more water, so why not do it?
  • Remember to take my vitamins every day - I was really good over the summer, but I've been slacking this past semester.
  • Keep in touch with people better, and make an effort - I really don't want to lose touch with all of my friends back in England, or my friends from home that I don't see a lot when I'm at school. 
  • Take time to appreciate things more often - It's so easy to get caught up in everything, and lose track of the things that make you smile. 
  • Smile More - Not that I don't smile, because I definitely do. Someone once told me that smiling releases endorphins or something of the sort that naturally makes you a happier person.



Keep Smiling,

3 comments:

Atta Rehman

Thanks a lot for sharing. You have done a brilliant job. Your article is truly relevant to
my study at this moment, and I am really happy I discovered your website. However, I
would like to see more details about this topic. I'm going to keep coming back here.
flights to Umrah
cheap flight to jeddah
flights to jeddah
umrah jeddah flights
umrah flights from London
cheap flights to umrah

Melissa.

Some great resolutions that I definitely could do with doing as well. I always forget to take my vitamins, and I need to drink so much more water. Getting confidence is so hard, if you get a job then it will really help. I'm really shy as well (I think I just like to watch people first before I decide), but when I moved departments in work it's really built up my confidence and I've found it helped me a lot.

spiderleglashes

I think we could all do with taking more time to appreciate things. Good luck with your resolutions, hope yo have a great 2013! xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Don't be afraid to leave a friendly comment as it will surely brighten my day :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...